Friday, January 17, 2014

January 15, 2014 Back at Marsh Harbour

We got up to listen to the weather this morning on the Net.  The weather has been so iffy and the weather reports seem to be changing from one day to the next.  Our plans are to head back to Marsh Harbour and Whisper has decided to do the same.  There seems to be fairly decent weather this morning but worsen throughout the afternoon and night.  Once again, it's important to enter and exit the Hope Town channel  on a higher tide.  There are a few areas where the water level is less than 5 feet at low tide....that's not good!  So we decided to leave after we motor in to the Hope Town Marina and pay for our mooring.  We are just so honest.  We could have just sailed away and I would imagine that there are many boats throughout the year that do! They are just so lax with collecting their money.  It took us about 2 hours to leisurely motorsail back to our dock.  Once ouside our marina, I hailed Jason on the VHF to see if he could lend us a hand with the lines.  He was there waiting for us.  Now that we're back at the dock, there's so much to do....wash and dry our dirty laundry, grocery shop, Skype my mom and dad, call Chuck's mom.  We also decided to pay for another month at Marsh Harbour Marina.  We want to spend some time here with Mike and Chris Link from the sv/Missing Link.  The last we heard, they are waiting for a favorable weather window to make their crossing.  We can't wait to see them!
So far, it's been calm all day.  Hopefully it will stay the same tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment